Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Packing

As I lay on Kelsey's bed in Big Blue (our house in San Diego). I can't help but feel a high level of anxiety about the trip ahead. We have 10 women, traveling alone, to a largely male dominated third world country. When I think of all the possible things that could go wrong, my head just starts spinning. Once it stops (if it stops), I remind myself that we've been planning this out for months and months. I am with a group of San Diego State Nursing students. This means not only are we smart, talented women, we also all have a strong-willed passion for helping others and for success. We may have no idea what adventures and trials await us, but we are ready and willing to meet them head on. Whatever we have forgotten to pack, we will have to live without. We'll have each other, and hopefully a new group of friends at the PSG College of Nursing. So...goodbye mom, dad, and baby katy, goodbye comfortable and beautiful Wyoming life, goodbye materialistic world of SDSU....and HELLO INDIA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment