Monday, June 14, 2010

Indian Dance

My alarm goes off this morning at 6:15 am after an ample 6 and a half hours of sleep...not. Kelsey and I run downstairs as the dance class that was supposed to start at 6:30 has already begun...somehow we missed that memo. We kick off our flip flops at the door and join in this loud foot stomping motion to the beat of a loud drum where you stomp 1 time on each side times 6 times. Then twice on each side times 6 times, and it goes on until you've stomped 7 times on each side but with each increase in # of stomps the rhythm changes and the speed increases. Next we learned the hand motions which go along where your arms are outstretched the whole time. Then we learned more intricate movements of the hands while your arms move and your feet stomp and your legs go in and out...very intense. It works your legs because your squatting the whole time, your core, and your arms. I really enjoyed it!! It will be nice to get a workout while were here because there's definitely no shortage of food haha. After our workout I went back to the room ready to take my 3rd freezing cold shower in India when remarkably, halfway through, it was warm!! Praise the Lord. I've attached a picture of Gina doing one of the dance moves.


Maybe once we're good at it (I mean IF we ever get good at it) I'll try to post a video!



Off to clinical now. Our clinical groups rotation today is Naturopathy. When I asked our instructor what it was she said holistic style healing like mud baths and such. Sounds good to me! Can I be a patient please??

1 comment: