Saturday, June 12, 2010

London Heathrow Airport

June 11th 3:34 pm--Well after watching Valentine's Day and eating dinner on the airplane, Becca and I each took a benadryl and a melatonin. We then slept for a solid 6 hours. When I woke up there was breakfast on my tray and the pilot informed us we'd be landing in London in 25 minutes. Well rested and well fed, I quickly checked my ankle status and no worries, ankles were fine and free of edema...pretty good for not getting up for 9 hours.

Once in the airport we found 8 rows of comfy chairs and all took a nap. With my backpack (which by the way is a very cute shade of purple) under my head and my purse firmly grasped in my arms I slept for another 3 hours. I woke up to a screeching woman saying, "oh yees bedy gud, bedy gud" aka oh yes, very good, very good. I didn't think we were in india yet but welcome to London some crazy woman is screaming in my ear. Once everyone was awake we went to buy some snacks come to find out in England they sell some very interesting types of potato chips: American Cheeseburger, prawn coctail, baked chicken and mature cheddar...very odd. So we bought some food then walked to starbucks to enjoy my very last triple grande skinny caramel latte for an entire month...sigh...it was delicious. we had a few more hours to kill before heading to our gate to board the plain to Mumbai.

Time passed rather quickly and now were about to board our Jet Air flight and soon we'll finally be in India!!! Only to have another 6 hour layover and another 2 hour flight to Coimbatore...

No comments:

Post a Comment